Bronchitis is described as a respiratory disease which reasons infection and inflammation of the mucous filters in the bronchial airways of the lungs. Bronchitis can be prompted in two types, namely acute and chronic. The serious bronchitis normally lasts for one to three weeks. On the other hand, chronic bronchitis lasts for three months to two years, and normally needs normal medical treatment method, as it is a serious long-term problem.
Causes of Bronchitis:
This respiratory disease is mostly caused by the bacteria or viruses which irritate the bronchial pipes. Some other reasons of this condition are as follows:
- Dusty air or fog
- Cough and cold
- Changes in the atmosphere
Symptoms of Bronchitis:
The popular symptoms expert by adults or children are chest ache or tensing of chest, difficulties in breathing, coughing with mucous (greenish or yellowish), fever, muscles ache, nasal blockage, and weakness.
The antiviral as well as anti-bacterial qualities of honey are regarded helpful to handle bronchitis. Honey helps relieve the sore throat. Moreover, it also generates powerful immune method. You can use honey in different ways such as:
- Add one teaspoon of honey in a frequent cup of tea.
- Add half teaspoon of honey with a bit of black pepper, fresh new ginger paste, and 1-2 clove powder. Take this paste to keep off burning feeling.
- To reduce throat inflammation and blockage, add a few drops of lemon in hot water. Add one teaspoon honey to it and drink it after mixing well.
- Piece an onion in a plate or bowl and cover it with honey. Keep it overnight. Now, take out onion pieces and take one teaspoon of honey four times a day to get immediate pain relief.
2. Oregano Oil
In order to decrease the pain and heavy coughing, oregano oil can be applied as a natural treatment. A person struggling from bronchitis has to decide to put a few drops of oregano oil within his or her tongue. Use this remedy once a day to treatment critical cough or unsure breathe.
3. Salt Water
Salt water has the power to cut through the mucous which is creating irritability in the sensitive bronchial filters. It also reduces the irritated throat. Add some salt in hot water and mix it well. Now, gargle with this hot salt water 3-4 times a day.
Note: It is very essential to add the perfect range of salt in hot water, as too much salt can result in burning feeling in the throat. On the other hand, too less salt will not work successfully.
The defense making and anti-inflammatory qualities of ginger not only help dealing with cold, but also painful and inflamed bronchial pipes.
- Make a mix by adding one teaspoon each of pepper, ginger powder, and cloves. Add a little amount of this mixture in milk or honey and have it thrice a day to get pain relief.
- Make a powder of ground ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. Add half teaspoon of this mixture in a glass of warm water. Take in the mixture after mixing it well. To get pain relief, try this treatment for a few days.
- For immediate relief, you can also make natural tea. For this, you want to add one teaspoon each of black pepper and ginger powder in a cup of hot water. Permit it to extreme for a few minutes. After sometime, add honey in it and mix well. Drink this natural tea two times a day.
5. Orange Juice
Orange is rich in vitamin C. It is recommended to take a lot of vitamin C to make strong immune method. To treat bronchitis, fruit juices are the very best home remedies. Orange juice not only gives nutrients and vitamins, but also reduces the painful throat.
- Orange juice can also be used with nuts to reduce painful throat. Finely mash half teaspoon of fresh almonds and add it in orange juice. Take in this at night.
To get reduction in cough connected with bronchitis, turmeric is the best natural remedy. The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric take out the extra mucus, which finally gives pain relief. For this, you are expected to add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Mix it well and boil for some time. Drink the hot mixture twice or thrice a day. For effective benefits, try getting this in an empty stomach.
Note- People struggling from stomach ulcers, Kidney stones, obstructive jaundice, hyperacidity, etc. should not try this treatment.
Garlic is one of the normal home treatments to treat extreme bronchitis. The antiviral and antibiotic components of garlic treat bronchitis very quickly. You want to get three fresh garlic cloves. Stem and cut them properly. Add the cut pieces in a glass of milk. Steam the milk for some time and drink it hot before going to sleep.
8. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is very efficient treatment for bronchitis. Use it in steam treatment to relax the mucus. The antibacterial qualities of the oil recover burning feeling and painful throat. Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil in hot water. Then, protect your head with a towel and breathe in the steam. You can also use tea tree oil or cherry oil also, in place of eucalyptus oil.
- Additionally, eucalyptus oil can be used on the chest immediately. This will aid suitable functioning of respiratory system and also push out the excess mucous.
9. Epsom Salt
To get reduction in the symptoms of bronchitis, specially serious bronchitis, Epsom salt shower is very powerful. Add 1½ kg of Epsom salt in hot shower water. Involve yourself for half an hour in the water just previous to going to bed every night, if you are struggling from serious bronchitis. If you are having chronic bronchitis, do it two times a day.
The antibacterial and antiviral qualities of onion relieve inflammation and pain of throat. The person struggling with bronchitis basically has to take in one teaspoon of fresh onion juice on an empty stomach every morning. You can also have fresh onion in greens or use onion while cooking food.
10. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds get medicinal qualities that properly treat bronchitis. It reduces chest ache. For recovery the symptoms of bronchitis, mix one teaspoon each of linseed, sesame seeds and honey. Add a tiny range of common salt. Mix this mixture effectively and take it daily previous to sleeping. Sesame seeds can also be applied with plain water. Mix half teaspoon of dry sesame seeds powder in two tablespoons of water and take it daily.
Since lemon is rich in acid qualities, it helps one get remove of bronchitis. Steam a cup of water and grate a teaspoon of lemon skin in it. Sharp it for a few minutes.
- You can also steam a lemon wedge. Tension the water in a cup and take in it.
- To treat painful throat, add one teaspoon of lemon juice in a cup of hot water. Mix it properly and gargle with it.
It is very essential to maintain your body hydrated when you suffer from bronchitis. It is suggested to have at least 10 glasses of water daily. You can also have vegetable and fruit juices. Additionally, add a tiny range of honey and a few drops of lemon in a glass of water. Mix this mixture well and take in it early morning.
Note- Avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine which brings to loss of liquids and makes the mucus difficult to be taken.
13. Hot Toddy
One of the natural remedies to get remove of bronchitis is warm toddy. To make hot toddy, boil some water. Place a tea bag in it. Let it sharp for 5-10 minutes. Add a bit of cinnamon powder, honey, and alcohol to it. Mix the combination well and take in it to relieve your burning throat.
There are many spices which help treat bronchitis. Add dry mustard and flour in a ratio of 1:4. Mix it well adding adequate water to create a drippy paste. Implement some olive oil on chest. Now, distribute mustard mix on a clean muslin or clean cloth. Apply it on chest. Make sure that the paste is not too warm; otherwise, it may burn your skin. Place it till it gets cool. Maintain a check, if the plaster causes pain.