Heavy Menstrual Bleeding, clinically known as menorrhagia, is indicated by abnormally heavy or prolonged uterine blood loss with clots but with or without menstrual pains which can be induced by medical problems or hormone imbalances. it is advised to consult with your doctor for suitable diagnosis and treatment method. Furthermore, you can opt for some diet changes and simple home remedies.
Causes of Heavy Menstrual Bleeding :
There are several possible causes of heavy menstrual bleeding, such as hormonal imbalance in the body, fibroids or noncancerous tumors of the womb, uterine polyps, miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, use of blood thinners and a side effect of using an intrauterine device (IUD) for birth control.
It can also occur expected to medical problems like adenomyosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and other situations that can protect against normal blood clotting.
Heavy menstruation can impact your daily actions, as well as your emotional state and social lifestyle. Furthermore, it can cause critical health troubles like iron-deficiency anemia.
Symptoms of Heavy Menstrual Bleeding :
The most common symptoms and signs consist of menstrual bleeding that lasts longer than 7 days, the want to modify your sanitary pad or tampon every 2 to 3 hours regularly, menstrual circulation with large blood clots, serious and continuous pains in the lower abdomen through a period, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting, headaches, mood swings and excessive weakness.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
You may also try apple cider vinegar treatment to beat the issue of heavy menstrual flow. It functions as a tonic to purge toxins from your body and keep hormonal balance. It can also be useful in dealing with signs and symptoms like cramping, headaches, irritability and fatigue.
- Mix one to two tsp of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar inside a glass water.
- Drink this solution 3 occasions each day throughout the menstrual period for the best results
[Read : 13 Potent Home Remedies for Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) ]
2. Cold Compress
If you’re encountering heavy menstrual bleeding, use a cold pack. The winter may cause vasoconstriction, meaning constriction from the bloodstream ships. This helps lessen the flow of bloodstream in addition to discomfort within the lower abdomen.
- Place a couple of ice inside a thin towel and tie it correctly.
- Put it over your abdomen for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lie lower for a while and then try to relax.
- As needed, repeat the remedy every 4 hrs as lengthy because the signs and symptoms continue.
3. Red Raspberry Leaves
Red raspberry foliage is advantageous for ladies struggling with heavy menstrual flow. They contain tannins which help strengthen the uterine muscles. Additionally, it will help reduce abdominal discomfort.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried red raspberry leaves to a mug of warm water.
- Cover and steep for around ten minutes.
- Strain and drink this tea as much as 3 occasions daily.
- Start consuming this tea per week before your cycle arrives and during your period.
4. Bamboo Leaf
Bamboo leaves and nodes are an outstanding home treatment for menstrual problems.
A decoction made of a some bamboo leaves can be used two times daily for healing menstrual problems, A decoction made of bamboo nodes is also a helpful for menstrual issues, This allows in controlling the menstrual cycle.
5. Comfrey Leaves
Comfrey Leaves is a excellent treatment to manage heavy bleeding, This herb allows tight blood vessels, therefore decreasing heavy bleeding.
Put 2 tsp of comfrey leaves in a glass of warm water, Protect and steep for 20 mins, Strain and take in it once everyday during heavy bleeding.
[Read: Top Ten Superfoods for Women ]
6. Cayenne pepper
To obtain respite from excessive menstrual flow, you may also try red pepper cayenne. It can benefit balance the bloodstream flow in your body. Furthermore, it will help maintain hormonal balance as well as reducing signs and symptoms of heavy bleeding.
- Add ½ teaspoon of cayenne powder to some glass of tepid to warm water.
- Give a little honey.
- Drink this two or three occasions each day on your cycle.
- You may also take cayenne supplements once daily, only after talking to your physician.
Cinnamon is efficient in decreasing heavy menstrual bleeding related with endometriosis, uterine fibroids and adenomyosis. This herb minimizes the bleeding by stimulative blood circulation away from the uterus.
Put 1 tsp of cinnamon powder to a cup of warm water, Cook for a few mins, Put honies and take in it 2 times a day. Additionally, get 3 falls of cinnamon bark tincture, 2 times a day.
Take 15 to 30 falls of cinnamon essential oil diluted in ¼ cup of water, up to 3 moments per day.
8. Coriander Seeds
Based on Ayurveda, coriander seed products might help stop heavy menstrual cycles. It can benefit improve uterine functioning and balance female the body’s hormones in your body.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coriander seed products to two glasses of water.
- Boil it before the quantity reduces by half.
- Strain, adding just a little honey.
- Drink it even though it is still warm, two or three occasions each day on your monthly cycle.
Magnesium is a crucial mineral to balance female the body’s hormones, for example progesterone and oestrogen. Furthermore, heavy the monthly period can result from a magnesium deficiency in your body. Therefore, eating magnesium-wealthy meals can help control the profuse bleeding during the monthly period.
- Eat magnesium-wealthy meals like oatmeal, nuts and seed products, avocado, chocolates, pumpkin, squash, and watermelon.
- If choosing vitamins, talk to your physician first.
Iron is a vital mineral for ladies coping with heavy menstrual periods as it can certainly assist in preventing iron-deficiency anemia.
- Eat iron-wealthy meals like dark eco-friendly veggies, legumes, pumpkin seed products, egg yolks, liver, steak, raisins, prunes, and cereals prepared with iron.
- You may also take an iron supplement after talking to a physician.
11. Thyme Tea
Tea prepared by steeping 1 tbsp thyme leaves in a cups of steaming water for all over 10 mins is very efficient in stoping extreme menstrual bleeding during heavy periods. Thyme tea combined with ice cube can also be applied as a cold compress on the abdominal area to stop heavy menstruation.
12. Mango Bark
Mango bark is an powerful natural remedy for heavy menstrual bleeding.
A combination prepared by putting 10 ml of liquid extract of mango bark in 130 ml of water is efficient in stoping extreme periods, Get one teaspoon of this preparing every hour.
13. Curry with Banana Flower
This is one of the finest and effective home remedies to cure heavy menstrual periods
Make curry with banana flower and then have it to improve your progesterone levels and thus support to manage excessive menstrual bleeding circulation.
Additional Tips :
- Maintain a report of your menstruation flow.
- Drink a few glasses of chamomile, sage or green tea everyday.
- Take pleasure in a warm bath to rest muscles and ease pain and anxiety.
- Get lots of rest and make yourself as secure as possible.
- As absence of sleep can get worse the issue, get at minimum 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Massage your lower back with heated coconut or olive oil to minimize pain.
- Don’t carry heavy weight during menstruation.
- Get standard reasonable exercise, Some good exercises contain brisk walking, jogging, swimming and bicycling.