Type 2 diabetes and its Types – Healthy Diet Plan for Diabetes:
3 Main Varieties of Diabetes:
There are actually three types of diabetic issues, and all three types are treatable.
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes
Lasting Effects of Diabetes on Health
- Diabetic Nephropathy (Kidney damage)
- Diabetic Neuropathy (Nerve damage)
- Digestive disorders
- Diabetic foot problems
- Coronary heart disease (heart attack, cardiovascular diseases)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (Eye damage)
Need for A healthy Eating Meal Plan for Diabetes Management
diet for diabetes
- You will need to eat frequent modest meals during the day.
- Vegetables should be the main part of all meals.It is advisable to reduce the meal of meals and snacks in order to prevent excess weight.
- Little servings of high-fiber carbs should be included each and every meal.
Alternative normal milk products with low-fat or non-fat dairy food.
Choose lean protein options. Some natural sources of protein are skinless poultry or turkey, fish, tofu nuts, and dried beans.
Reduce the intake of unhealthy saturated fats and will include limited amounts unsaturated fats in the diet.
Avoid sweets, candies and soft drinks as much as you are able to.
Limit the intake of sodium in your foods and avoid high-salt foods.
Diabetic Diet plan According to Calories
Checking the calories you take in in a day thourgh a diet regime like the simple 1200 gram calorie diet plan is really important if you want to maintain your blood sugar level manageable.
But following a healthy diet plan doesn’t mean depriving yourself of all your favorite foods; it simply means having them with boundaries. In this section, we existing two sample diet programs for diabetes depending on the calories – a 1200 calorie diabetic person diet and a 1500 calorie diabetes mellitus diet.
- Breakfast – 2 small methi, palak or lauki parathas, 1 cup curd (Total Calories=230)
1200 Calorie Indian Diet for Diabetes
Early Morning – Tea without sugar, 2 Marie Biscuits (Total Calories=90)
2 small rotis, egg white bhurji 1 medium bowl (Total Calories=280)
Mid-Morning – 1 Apple/Orange/Guava (Total Calories=40)
1 bowl Poha/oats (Total Calories=230)
Dinner – 2 Rotis, 1 bowl Lauki curry, 1 bowl salad, 1 cup curd (Total Calories=265)
Before Bed – 1 Glass Skim milk (Total Calories=120)
1500 Calorie Indian Diet for Diabetes
Early Morning – Tea without sugar, 2 Marie biscuits (Total Calories=90)
Breakfast – 2 small methi or lauki parathas, 1 cup curd (Total Calories=300)
Lunch – 2 plain rotis, 1 bowl vegetable curry, 1 bowl salad, 1 bowl dal (Total Calories=420)
Evening – Green Tea/Herbal Tea, 1 bowl roasted channa with murmura (Total Calories=120)
2 Egg White Omelets, 2 slices Brown Bread (Total Calories=250)
Mid-Morning – 1 Apple/ Guava (Total Calories=40)
Lunch – 1 bowl vegetable brown rice pulav, 1 bowl salad, 1 small bowl of cucumber raita (Total Calories=355)
vegetable brown rice pulav
3 small rotis, 1 medium bowl of mixed vegetables curry, 1 medium bowl dal, 1 bowl salad (Total Calories=485)
Evening – Green Tea/Coffee without sugar, 1 bowl puffed rice (135)
Dinner – 3 small rotis, 1 medium bowl mixed vegetable curry, 1 small bowl curd/dal (Total Calories=435)
Bed Time – 1 Cup milk, 4 soaked almonds (Total Calories=95)
Diabetic person Diet According to Region
- Blue Berries
- Lunch – 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1 cup chickpeas curry, 1/2 cup cauliflower curry, 1 orange
- Evening – 1 cup mango lassi
- Mango Lassi
- Dinner – 250 gms Tandoori Chicken, 1 small whole wheat naan, 1 cup spinach curry, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1 bowl salad
- Breakfast – 1 whole wheat dosa, 1 cup sambar, 1/4th cup chutney, 1/2 cup ripe papaya
- Mid-Morning – 3/4th cup buttermilk, 1 orange
- Lunch – 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1/2 cup moong dal, 1/2 cup rasam, 1 cup vegetable curry, 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt, 1 apple
- Evening – 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt, 1/2 cup berries
- Dinner – 1 cup vegetable and brown rice pulav, 1/2 cup masoor dal, 1 cup poriyal.
- North Indian Meal Plan for Diabetes
- Early Morning – Tea without sugar, 2 Marie Biscuits
- Breakfast – 1 Baked whole wheat stuffed paratha with chutney, 1/2 cup ripe papaya
- Mid-Morning – 2 tablespoons of hummus on 1 roti, 1/2 cup berries
- South Indian Meal Plan for Diabetes
- Early Morning – 1 cup tea/coffee without sugar, 2 Marie Biscuits
Read also: 9 Convenient Methods To Cure Cold At Home
Sensible food To Include in a Diet Plan for Diabetes
Soluble fiber Rich Foods
unhealthy fish builds immunity system
Food items to Avoid in Diabetes
Function of Exercise in Diabetes Management
Yoga exercises Poses to Lose Weight after Pregnancy
Advantages of Regular Physical Activity:
- Burns calories and helps in maintaining healthy weight
- Increases energy level
- Aids in better restful sleep
- Relieves stress and depression
- Strengthens the bones and muscles
- Increases insulin sensitivity of the cells
- Lowers the level of cholesterol and blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases and stroke