Ringworm, or tinea, is really a yeast infection onto the skin that’s very common and contagious. It is because fungi living on top layer of your skin, feast upon the keratin in skin, and thrive in warm, moist areas.
The word ringworm may make you still find it a earthworm invasion, but it’s the ‘ring’ in ‘ringworm’ that’s key. The problem causes round, scaly patches having a more dark border the same shape as a diamond ring.
The problem can also be supported by redness, itchiness, and inflammation. Otherwise treated, you can get the skin to blister. Ringworm also affects your scalp and nails.
Symptoms of Ringworm :
- Round or oval patches
- Loss of hair in patches
- Sores filled with pus
- Red circular rashes
- Irritation and itchiness
Causes of Ringworm :
- Skin to skin contact with an affected person
Fact on home remedies:
Here are some remedies for ring worm that can get you rid of this very common fungal infection of the skin. Let’s try to get desired results in order to get relief.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is great to cure skin ailment like ringworm because of its antimicrobial and astringent qualities.
- Dip a cotton wool ball in apple cider vinegar and put it on around the affected region.
- Do that 2 or 3 occasions each day for any couple of days or before you see improvement.
2. Garlic clove
Garlic clove has excellent antifungal qualities which help cure ringworm.
- Crush two garlic clove cloves.
- Rub them around the ringworm rash several occasions each day.
- Do that for four or five days or before the condition improves.
Lemongrass helps treat ringworm because of its effective antifungal and anti-inflammatory qualities. Additionally, it relieves itchiness. When taken internally, it may also help eliminate toxins out of your body.
- Drink lemongrass tea or a mix of lemongrass and lavender tea three occasions each day.
- You may also apply used lemongrass teabags, lemongrass acrylic, or perhaps a paste of lemongrass leaves and buttermilk topically around the affected region.
Iodine tincture works well in getting rid of ringworm because it has antifungal and antiseptic qualities. You can buy a couple percent iodine solution from the pharmacy. Don’t use it greater than three occasions each day.
- Wash the affected region by having an antibacterial cleaning soap and pat it dry having a clean towel.
- Soak a cotton pad or cotton wool ball within the iodine tincture. Dab it around the affected region.
- Do that 2 or 3 occasions each day for approximately 3 or 4 days.
5. Vinegar and Salt
Both vinegar and salt aid in fighting yeast infections. Hence, they prove helpful in eliminating ringworm and drying out it.
- Create a paste of salt and white vinegar.
- Put it on around the affected region and then leave it on for around 5 minutes.
- Do that 2 or 3 occasions each day for any week or before the infection disappears.
Neem, or Indian lilac leaves, have antiseptic and antimicrobial qualities which help treat ringworm, scabies, as well as other skin ailment.
- Apply neem oil around the affected region once daily for any couple of days before the infection clears. You may also apply one-half teaspoon of neem oil combined with single serving of aloe vera gel.
- Combine equal areas of crushed neem leaves, turmeric powder and sesame oil. Apply this paste around the affected region.
7. Licorice Root
Licorice root has lots of fungicidal compounds which help eliminate yeast infections.
- Boil single serving water combined with 5 to 6 tsp of licorice root powder.
- Allow it to simmer for 25 minutes. Strain and awesome the answer.
- Soak a cotton pad within the liquid and dab it around the affected region.
- Do that three occasions each day before you see improvement.
A few of these remedies, for example apple cider vinegar, garlic clove and tea tree oil, could cause a stinging sensation initially. Additionally, when using an acrylic for stopping ringworm, individuals with sensitive skin might want to combine it with some carrier oil (for example jojoba oil oil, almond oil, or coconut oil that also has antifungal and anti-inflammatory qualities) to prevent irritating your skin
As ringworm is extremely contagious, make certain you follow sufficient protective measures so you don’t spread it to other people. For example, don’t share your clothing, towels, or any other personal possessions with other people as the infection exists.
Raw papaya likewise helps kill fungi that create ringworm because of its antifungal qualities.
- Rub a slice of raw papaya around the affected region. Let it rest on not less than fifteen minutes after which rinse them back with tepid to warm water. Do that a minimum of two occasions each day for any couple of days.
- You may also apply fresh papaya leaf juice or perhaps a paste created using dried papaya seed products.
9. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is yet another broadly used home cure for ringworm due to its antifungal and antiseptic characteristics.
- Put a couple of drops of tea tree oil on a cotton pad and dab it around the affected region. Do that 2 or 3 occasions each day for any week approximately.
- You may also dilute tea tree oil within an equal quantity of water or carrier oil after which put it on.
- Lavender oil is also used topically to get rid of ringworm and soothe your skin.
Turmeric is really a well-known component utilized in several Ayurvedic remedies because of its antiseptic, antibiotic, and antifungal qualities. Plus, it calms your skin and facilitates the recovery process.
- Extract the juice from grated, raw turmeric root. Use the juice around the ringworm rash three occasions each day before the infection clears.
- You may also heat one-half cup of milk together with one-quarter teaspoon of turmeric and drink it.